Hall of Fame
Nominations for 2017 are now open - Click here for more information
The Hall of Fame will recognise the achievement and contributions of those people who have a strong association with the Maitland Local Government Area and have achieved significant prominence in their field of endeavour.
To be eligible, nominations must demonstrate achievement in one of four categories – Sports, Arts, Business/Public Service, and Academic - and meet the selection criteria as outlined in the Hall of Fame Policy.
Nominations are now open for the Maitland City Hall of Fame. Applicants must complete the following nomination form and attach any supporting documentation.
To be eligible for nomination, nominations must demonstrate achievement in one of the four categories outlined below and meet the applicable selection criteria.
Nominations close Friday 31 March 2017.
For further information contact Teressa Chadwick on 4934 9739 or email email@example.com
The Maitland City Hall of Fame will recognise those individuals who have achieved significant prominence in the following categories:
- Sport – Achievements in sporting at a national or international level.
- Arts – Achievements in visual and performing arts, culture and entertainment.
- Business / Public Service – Achievements in business and public service.
- Academic – Achievements in the delivery of education and research.
Selection criteriaTo be eligible for induction into the Maitland City Hall of Fame, nominees must meet the following criteria:
Association with Maitland Local Government Area - all nominations
- Nominees must have been born in the Maitland Local Government Area and/or have spent a significant period of their childhood / adolescence in the Maitland Local Government Area; and/or
- Have been a resident of the Maitland Local Government Area for a substantial period of time during the period of high achievement.
Criteria - Sports nominations
The nominee must have retired from the sport and meet at least one of the following:
- Represented Australia in a competitive sport and open age division that is recognised by the Australian Sports Commission or Australian Institute of Sport.
- Achieved significant prominence as Australian Champion or Australian National Record Holder in a sport which is recognised by the Australian Sports Commission or Australian Institute of Sport.
- Participation in a significant sport at the highest level of competition if that sport is not played at an international level.
- Made a major contribution to the development of a sport of national or international significance through innovation, invention or outstanding commitment.
- Involved in sports administration or coaching at the highest level.
Criteria - Arts nominations
The nominee must meet at least one of the following:
- Receipt of an award at state / national / international level in recognition of artistic endeavour e.g. Booker Prize, Archibald Prize, Wynne Prize, Walkley Award.
- Publication of a work of literary significance.
- Exhibition of work at a gallery of state / national / international status.
- Made a significant contribution to the production of a nationally or internationally released film or television program.
- Membership of a national company or company of national status e.g. Opera Australia, The Australian Ballet, Sydney Dance Company, Sydney Theatre Company, Sydney Symphony Orchestra.
Criteria - Business & Public Service nominations
The nominee must meet at least one of the following:
- Made a significant contribution to the Maitland economy and helped shape the city.
- Establishment of a business which has developed into state / national / international proportions and has made significant contribution to the Maitland and wider regional, state or national economy.
- Made a major contribution to the development of an industry or sector of state / national / international significance through innovation, invention or outstanding commitment.
- Appointment to a position of leadership as head of a business or industry of state / national / international status.
- Appointment to a position of leadership as head of a prominent state or national non-government or not for profit organisation.
- Receipt of an award at state / national / international level in recognition of business practice.
Criteria – Academic nominations
- Major contribution to development of research of state, national or international significance through innovation, invention or outstanding commitment.
- Major contribution to the delivery of innovative education practices of state, national or international significance.
- Nominations can be made by any person or organisation.
- Any individual meeting the above criteria is eligible for nomination.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations are required to be submitted on the Maitland City Council Hall of Fame Nomination Form.
- Documentary evidence supporting the nomination will be required to be submitted with the nomination form to substantiate the nomination.
- Nominations will be assessed by the Hall of Fame Committee
Hall of fame induction
- The new inductees will be recognised at an annual induction event.
- The number of inductees chosen each year will be at the discretion of the Hall of Fame Committee.
- The Maitland City Council Hall of Fame will be located on the Maitland City Council website and promoted via Council’s social media presences in order to maximise opportunities for promotion to the wider community.
- The Hall of Fame Committee reserves the right to withdraw the name of an inductee should the committee consider that it is inappropriate for the inductee to remain in the Hall of Fame.