Why work with us
Our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds and professions creating a dynamic workforce of over 400 staff members. Our organisation can offer career opportunities over a diverse range of areas, whether you are looking for an indoor, outdoor, office based, trade specific, technical or specialist role, we have it all.
Council promotes equal access to opportunities within the organisation for all staff and prides itself on creating a safe and inviting working environment.
Maitland is rapidly growing and as a result more opportunities are becoming available in areas such as:
- Roads, traffic and transport planning
- Infrastructure construction and maintenance
- Finance strategy, planning and administration
- City and destination marketing
- Community services
- Waste site operations and management
- Recreation and leisure facility operations
- Citizen Services (customer service)
- Visitor services
- Social planning
- Depot operations
- Environmental management
- Information, Communication and Technology
- Human Resources
Local Government can provide you with a huge variety of job opportunities. The Maitland City Council Structure gives an insight into the different areas of the organisation.
Maitland City Council values our staff and the hard work they do. In return Council offers a range of benefits including:
- Rostered days off (RDO’s)
- Long service leave after five years
- Purchased additional leave (up to four weeks per year)
- Paid parental leave (nine weeks in addition to the Federal Government Paid Parental Leave Scheme)
- Healthy Employee Program
- Health and Wellbeing days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational and Professional Sponsorship Program
- Career Development Opportunities
- Promotion of a work/life balance
- Recognition of long serving employees
View the current vacancies to see if there is currently a role to suit you.