The Courthouse Building
Morpeth Courthouse was constructed in 1862 on land donated by Lieutenant Edward Close, the founder of Morpeth. The building was used as a courthouse and civic centre from 1862 until the importance of Morpeth as a commercial river port declined and there was less need for its services, court proceeding ceased in 1942.
The building was used as a recruitment office during the War, a Red Cross station, Baby Health Centre, a Library, a residence and now a Museum.
Download the Courthouse floor plan here.
Download more information about the Courthouse here.
See a full 360 degree virtual tour here.
Click here to return to the Museum homepage.