Group and school bookings
Bus/Coach Tour Guide
- Let a Morpeth Museum guide join your coach tour and take you around the heritage sites of the Maitland Local Government Area. On this tour you will visit the early 19th century areas of West Maitland, East Maitland and Morpeth.
- Start at Maitland Visitor Information Centre or Morpeth Museum.
- Tour lengths are tailored to your group schedule.
- In house refreshments available.
Morpeth Museum offers Primary School Programs delivered at the Museum or at your school. The programs offered have curriculum outcomes the NSW Syllabus.
At the Museum – ‘Treasures, Trial and time’
- Hunt down the ‘treasures’ using issued bookmarks as clues (12 in total). See the old Bookmark Stamp Machine as part of the Post Office Display. This gives students the opportunity to find the treasures of the past and compare them with their equivalent today.
- Put the Mopreth Couthouse bench to the test with a unique mock trial, full trial with witnesses.
- Visit the holding cell and do ‘time’.
Download full information sheet here.
At your school – ‘The Past in the Present – 2nd Generation’
- A Morpeth Museum guide will come to your school to present ‘The Past in the Present – 2nd Generation’.
- A 40 minute presentation will discuss life as a child in the 1950s and how that compares with school today. Discussion includes home life, toys, recreation, school life, clothes, appliances and technology. For example ‘What Dad wore at work’.
Phone Morpeth Museum for more information on 02 4934 4301 or stop by during opening hours.
Click here to return to the Museum homepage.