Residents & Community
Council has made a commitment to the local community to ensure that Maitland remains an attractive and healthy place in which to live. The Community and Recreation Services Team plays an important role in seeking to meet this objective.
Community Services is concerned with people, particularly those who are vulnerable due to age, disability or family breakdown. Staff play an advocacy, support and planning role in developing a range of community based services to meet identified needs.
Many of the services provided by Council are partly funded by other levels of Government, in particular the Department of Community Services, Department of Infrastructure, Planning & Natural Resources, Department of Ageing, Disability & Homecare, and the Attorney General's Department.
Services provided by Council include:
- Community Options, a case management service for clients, whose needs cannot be met by mainstream Home and Community Care Services
- Disabilty Projects and Access Improvement Programs
- Community Development Projects designed to build on individual and community strengths
- Development of partnerships with key stakeholders
- Management of Community and Recreation facilities