TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES
2014 NEW YEARS EVE CELEBRATION IN MAITLAND
Council intends to temporarily close some streets in Maitland to vehicular traffic during the New Years Eve celebrations on the riverbank. The closure details are:
From 6.00am Wednesday 31 December 2014 to 9.00am Thursday 1 January 2015 (closure time at Police discretion):
- St Andrews Street - between High Street and Riverbank
- Riverside car park
- Stillsbury Lane.
From 3.00pm to midnight Wednesday 31 December 2014:
- High Street - eastbound lane from Belmore Road to just west of Church Street
- High Street - westbound lane from just west of Church Street to Little Hunter Street (egress to Belmore Road will be maintained via Little Hunter Street).
Comments regarding concerns about noise or the event itself should be forwarded in writing, endorsed 'File 150/5 - Maitland New Year's Eve Special Event' and addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, PO Box 220, Maitland NSW 2320. The closing date for comments (not related to the road closure) is 12.00 noon Wednesday 8 October 2014.
Comments regarding the above temporary closures for this event should be forwarded in writing, endorsed 'File 122/944 - Maitland New Year's Eve Road Closures' and addressed to the General Manager, at the above address. The closing date for comments relating to this temporary road closure is 12.00 noon Wednesday 22 October 2014.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE 'BITTER & TWISTED 2014' EVENT MAITLAND GAOL
The ' Bitter & Twisted' beer tasting festival is to be held at Maitland Gaol on 1 and 2 November 2014. Maitland City Council has approved the following temporary road closures and associated parking measures in East Maitland for this event from
6.00am to 8.00pm daily Saturday 1 November and Sunday 2 November 2014.
- John Street, East Maitland be temporarily closed to vehicular traffic from roundabout on Morpeth Road to just east of the Maitland Gaol entry gates
- A temporary single vehicle Taxi Zone to be installed on John Street just east of the gaol entrance
- A temporary single vehicle Disability Parking Zone to be installed east of the temporary Taxi Zone.