TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES AND SPECIAL EVENT “STEAMFEST 8 - 9 APRIL 2017
”The annual “Hunter Valley Steamfest” is to be held on the weekend of Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 April 2017. Council has approved the following temporary road closures (to vehicular traffic only) and parking restrictions for this event:
Setup and presentation of Steamfest stalls and amusements
12.00 midnight Thursday 7 April – 12.00 midnight Sunday 9 April 2017
- Maitland Railway Station car park area
Setup and presentation of stalls and amusements and setup of Steamfest 2017 - Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 April 2017 - 6.00am to 6.00pm
- Church Street between Pender Place southern driveway and Les Darcy Drive
- Allan Walsh Drive between Ken Tubman Drive and Church Street
- Railway Street between Church Street and Elgin Street
- Steam Street between cul-de-sac and Elgin Street
- Olive Street between Church Street and Elgin Street
- Ballard Street between Steam Street and Church Street
- Fran Dawson Road between Ballard Street and end of road
- Elgin Street between Olive Street and Railway Line
- Napoleon Lane south of Olive Street
Presentation of Steamfest 2017 “Show and Shine” - Sunday 9 April 2017 – 6.00am to 6.00pm
- Internal road through Maitland Park between Main Entrance near Elgin Street and Swimming Pool.
- Temporary drop-off zone for Disabled on north side of Athel D’Ombrain Drive just east of the Elgin Street roundabout
- A Disability Parking area will be available off Church Street beneath the highway flyover on the north-eastern corner of the large Church Street/New England Highway roundabout.
- Temporary "Bus Zone" will be established on Elgin Street Maitland, just north of Ken Tubman Drive traffic signals, south bound
- Temporary coach drop-off zone will be located east of the Disability Parking north side of Athel D’Ombrain Drive
- Temporary drop-off zone for taxis or train passengers will be located on south side of Athel D’Ombrain Drive just east of the Elgin Street roundabout
"No Stopping" restrictions will be installed on both sides of the New England Highway where practicable between Church Street and the Trzecinski Bridge, and on both sides of Cessnock Road for 100 metres southbound from the roundabout.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES - MORPETH ANZAC DAY MARCH AND CEREMONY - SWAN STREET AND NORTHUMBERLAND STREET
Council wishes to advise that it has received an application from Morpeth Anzac Day Committee to temporarily close a section of Swan Street and Northumberland Street to hold the annual Morpeth ANZAC Day March and Ceremony. Details of the temporary closures on Tuesday 25 April 2017 are as follows:
- Swan Street between Northumberland Street and Market Street - from 10.00am to 12.30pm.
- Swan Street from Tank Street to Northumberland Street (street march) - 10.30am - 11.30am.
- Northumberland Street from Swan Street to Close Street - 11.30am - 1.30pm.
Public comments regarding the proposed road closures should be made in writing, addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, PO Box 220, Maitland 2320, endorsed 'Morpeth ANZAC Day 2017 Temporary Road Closures - File 122/944'. The closing date for comments relating to the temporary road closures is 4.00pm Thursday 19 January 2017.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES - GROOVIN’ THE MOO MUSIC FESTIVAL - ANZAC and BLOMFIELD STREETS and PENDER ROAD SOUTH MAITLAND
Council has received an application from Cattleyard Promotions to temporarily close some streets surrounding the Maitland Showground area to ensure safe movement of pedestrians and traffic associated with the proposed Groovin’ the Moo music festival. Details are as follows:
BETWEEN 8.00AM AND 12.00 MIDNIGHT SATURDAY 29 APRIL 2016:
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES
- Blomfield Street from Anzac Street to Devonshire Street
- Anzac Street from Cracknell Lane to Blomfield Street
CONVERT TO ONE-WAY
- Pender Road – northbound full length Trappaud Road to Cracknell Lane
- Cultivation Road – southbound full length to Trappaud Road
- Louth Park Road – southbound from Les Darcy Drive to Park Street
BETWEEN 8.00AM SATURDAY 29 APRIL 2017 AND 12 NOON SUNDAY 30 APRIL 2017:
TEMPORARY NO PARKING ZONES
- Both sides of Louth Park Road from Les Darcy Drive to Trappaud Road
- North side of Cracknell Lane from Anzac Street to Cultivation Road
- Both sides of Cultivation Road from Cracknell Lane to Trappaud Road
Access will be provided for local residents within the temporary closure area.
Comments regarding the event itself should also be forwarded in writing, endorsed “File 150/5 – Groovin’ the Moo Special Event” and addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, P.O. Box 220, Maitland NSW 2320.The closing date for comments (not related to the road closure) is 12.00pm Thursday 5 January 2017.
Comments regarding the above temporary closures for this event should be forwarded in writing, endorsed “File 122/944 – Groovin’ the Moo Road Closures” and addressed to the General Manager, at the above address. The closing date for comments relating to the temporary road closures is 12.00pm noon on Thursday 19 January 2017.
Temporary Road Closures - Special Event - Maitland River Run - Sunday 28 May 2017
Council wishes to advise that it has received an application to temporarily close the following streets in Maitland to conduct the Maitland River Run special event. Date and times are as follows:
From 7.00am to 1.00pm Sunday 28 May 2017
- High Street - from Church Street to Cathedral Street
- High Street - northern side from St Andrews Street to Church Street
- Stillsbury Lane
- Cathedral Street - full length.
The proposed route for runners will include the above streets and the river bank area. The start will be near the High St/Church St intersection and finish will be adjacent to Bulwer Street.
Comments relating to the running of the event (not related to road closures or traffic management), should be made in writing, addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, P.O. Box 220, Maitland 2320, endorsed "Maitland River Run Event - file 150/5". The closing date for comments relating to the special event is 4.00 pm Thursday 30 March 2017. Public comments regarding the proposed road closures should also be forwarded in writing (addressed to the General Manager at the above address), endorsed "Maitland River Run – Road Closures - File 122/944". The closing date for comments will be 4.00 pm on Thursday 13 April 2017.