TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES AND SPECIAL EVENT
The annual 'Steamfest' is to be held on the weekend of Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 April 2014. The following temporary road closures (to vehicular traffic only) and parking restrictions will apply:
Set up and presentation of Steamfest stalls and amusements
12.00 midnight Thursday 10 April to 12.00 midnight Sunday 13 April 2014
- Maitland Railway Station sealed car park
- Maitland Railway Station gravel car park
- Maitland Railway Station (sealed car park adjacent to station building).
Set up and presentation of stalls and amusements and set up of Steamfest 2014
Saturday 12 April and Sunday 13 April 2014 - 7.00am to 6.00pm
- Church Street - between Ken Tubman Drive and Les Darcy Drive
- Elgin Street - between Olive Street and Railway Line
- Olive Street - between Church Street and Elgin Street
- Railway Street - between Church Street and Elgin Street
- Station Street - between Elgin Street and cul-de-sac
- Athel D'Ombrain Drive - between Elgin Street and Victoria Street (taxi's excepted)
- Allan Walsh Drive - between Ken Tubman Drive and Church Street
- Ballard Street - between Steam Street and Church Street
- Fran Dawson Road - between Ballard Street and end of road
- Steam Street - between cul-de-sac and Elgin Street
- Napoleon Lane - south of Olive Street.
Presentation of Steamfest 2014 ' Show & Shine'
Sunday 13 April 2014 - 9.00am - 3.00pm
Internal road through Maitland Park between Main Entrance and Swimming Pool
A temporary bus zone will be established on Elgin Street, just north of Ken Tubman Drive traffic signals, south bound.
Council also proposes to implement the usual temporary parking restrictions in various streets for Steamfest, to assist with public safety around the main Steamfest site in the vicinity of Maitland Railway Station.
'No Stopping' restrictions will be placed on both sides of the New England Highway from Church Street to the Trzecinski Bridge, and on both sides of Cessnock Road for 100m from the roundabout.
For further information regarding the event, please contact the Appearance & Infrastructure Division on 4934 9700.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES
SWAN STREET AND NORTHUMBERLAND STREET, MORPETH
ANZAC DAY MARCH AND CEREMONY
Council wishes to advise that it has received an application from the Morpeth Anzac Day Committee to temporarily close a section of Swan Street and Northumberland Street, Morpeth to hold the annual Anzac Day Ceremony. Details of the temporary closures on Friday 25 April 2014 are as follows:
- Swan Street - from Northumberland Street to Market Street - 10.00am to 12.30pm
- Swan Street - from Tank Street to Northumberland Street - Street March - 10.30am to 11.30am
- Northumberland Street - from Swan Street to Close Street - 11.30am - 12.30pm.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES
GROOVIN' THE MOO MUSIC FESTIVAL
ANZAC, BLOMFIELD STREETS AND PENDER ROAD, SOUTH MAITLAND
Council has received an application from Cattleyard Promotions to temporarily close some streets surrounding the Maitland Showground area to ensure safe movement of pedestrians and traffic associated with the proposed 'Groovin' the Moo' music festival. Closure details are as follows:
Temporary road closures between 8.00am and 12.00 midnight Saturday 26 April 2014:
1. Blomfield Street - from Anzac Street to Devonshire Street
2. Anzac Street - from Cracknell Lane to Blomfield Street.
Convert to one-way (southbound) movement from 8.00am to 12.00 midnight Saturday 26 April 2014:
1. Pender Road - full length to Trappaud Road
2. Cultivation Road - full length to Trappaud Road
3. Louth Park Road - from Les Darcy Drive to Park Street.
Temporary 'NO PARKING' zone from 8.00am Saturday 26 April 2014 to 12 noon Sunday 27 April 2014:
1. Both sides of Louth Park Road - from Les Darcy Drive to Trappaud Road
2. North side of Cracknell Lane - from Anzac Street to Cultivation Road
3. Both sides of Cultivation Road - from Cracknell Lane to Trappaud Road.
Access will be provided for local residents within the temporary closure area.
This year, parking for privately-chartered buses will be relocated to a seperate parking area (under traffic control) just off Park Street between Gipps and Smith Streets - access via Park Street and Walker Street only.
Consistent with recent years, High Street Railway Station will be closed during this event.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES
MAITLAND RIVER RUN - SUNDAY 4 MAY 2014
Council wishes to advise that it has received an application to temporarily close the following streets in Maitland to conduct the Maitland River Run special event. Date and times are as follows:
From 8.00am to 1.30pm - Sunday 4 May 2014:
1. High Street - from Church Street to Cathedral Street
2. High Street - northern side from St Andrews Street to Church Street
3. Stillsbury Lane
4. Cathedral Street - full length.
The proposed route for runners will include the above streets and the riverbank area. The start will be near the High Street / Church Street intersection and finish will be under the 'sails' adjacent to Bulwer Street.