TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES – SPECIAL EVENTS HARD GRIME MUSIC FESTIVAL MAITLAND GAOL
The ‘Hard Grime Music Festival’ is to be held at Maitland Gaol on 4 March 2017. Maitland City Council has approved the following temporary road closure in East Maitland for this event.
The closure is detailed below:
John Street East Maitland from roundabout on Morpeth Road to Maitland Gaol entry gates. 11.30 am to 11.30 pm on Saturday 4 March 2017.
Enquiries regarding the above can be directed to Council’s Visitor Information Centre on 49 312800.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES - SPECIAL EVENT - 'THE MAITLAND TASTE' FOOD, WINE AND MUSIC FESTIVAL - 11-12 MARCH 2017
The following Maitland Roads associated with the above event will be temporarily closed to vehicular traffic on the following times and dates:
6.00am Friday 10 March 2017 to midday Monday 13 March 2017
- The Levee (High Street) between Elgin Street and Bourke Street
- Bulwer Street from High Street to just north of the Maitland Leagues Club entrance
- Dransfield Lane.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES AND SPECIAL EVENT “STEAMFEST 8 - 9 APRIL 2017
”The annual “Hunter Valley Steamfest” is to be held on the weekend of Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 April 2017. The following temporary road closures (to vehicular traffic only) and parking restrictions were requested by the Steamfest Panel and are listed below for public exhibition and comment:
Setup and presentation of Steamfest stalls and amusements
12.00 midnight Thursday 7 April – 12.00 midnight Sunday 9 April 2017
- Maitland Railway Station car park area
Setup and presentation of stalls and amusements and setup of Steamfest 2017 - Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 April 2017 - 6.00am to 6.00pm
- Church Street between Pender Place southern driveway and Les Darcy Drive
- Elgin Street between Olive Street and Railway Line
- Olive Street between Church Street and Elgin Street
- Railway Street between Church Street and Elgin Street
- Station Street between Elgin Street and cul-de-sac
- Athel D’Ombrain Drive between Elgin Street roundabout and Victoria Street
- Allan Walsh Drive between Ken Tubman Drive and Church Street (taxi’s excepted)
- Ballard Street between Steam Street and Church Street
- Fran Dawson Road between Ballard Street and end of road Steam Street between cul-de-sac and Elgin Street
- Napoleon Lane south of Olive Street
Presentation of Steamfest 2017 “Show and Shine” - Sunday 9 April 2017 – 6.00am to 6.00pm
- Internal road through Maitland Park between Main Entrance and Swimming Pool.
“No Stopping” restrictions will be placed on both sides of the New England Highway where applicable adjacent to the Steamfest Rally Ground and on both sides of Cessnock Road for 100m south from the roundabout.
Comments relating to the core event or any of the sub-events (not related to road closures) should be forwarded in writing, addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, P.O. Box 220, Maitland 2320, endorsed “Steamfest 2017 Special Event - File 150/5”. Submissions will be received up until 4.00pm on Thursday 5 January 2017.
Comments regarding temporary road closures should be forwarded in writing, (addressed to the General Manager at the above address), endorsed “Steamfest 2017 Temporary Road Closures - File 120/944/2”. The closing date for comments relating to the road closures is Thursday 19 January 2017.
For further information regarding the event, please contact the Infrastructure and Works Division on 49349700.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES - MORPETH ANZAC DAY MARCH AND CEREMONY - SWAN STREET AND NORTHUMBERLAND STREET
Council wishes to advise that it has received an application from Morpeth Anzac Day Committee to temporarily close a section of Swan Street and Northumberland Street to hold the annual Morpeth ANZAC Day March and Ceremony. Details of the temporary closures on Tuesday 25 April 2017 are as follows:
- Swan Street between Northumberland Street and Market Street - from 10.00am to 12.30pm.
- Swan Street from Tank Street to Northumberland Street (street march) - 10.30am - 11.30am.
- Northumberland Street from Swan Street to Close Street - 11.30am - 1.30pm.
Public comments regarding the proposed road closures should be made in writing, addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, PO Box 220, Maitland 2320, endorsed 'Morpeth ANZAC Day 2017 Temporary Road Closures - File 122/944'. The closing date for comments relating to the temporary road closures is 4.00pm Thursday 19 January 2017.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES - GROOVIN’ THE MOO MUSIC FESTIVAL - ANZAC and BLOMFIELD STREETS and PENDER ROAD SOUTH MAITLAND
Council has received an application from Cattleyard Promotions to temporarily close some streets surrounding the Maitland Showground area to ensure safe movement of pedestrians and traffic associated with the proposed Groovin’ the Moo music festival. Details are as follows:
BETWEEN 8.00AM AND 12.00 MIDNIGHT SATURDAY 29 APRIL 2016:
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES
- Blomfield Street from Anzac Street to Devonshire Street
- Anzac Street from Cracknell Lane to Blomfield Street
CONVERT TO ONE-WAY
- Pender Road – northbound full length Trappaud Road to Cracknell Lane
- Cultivation Road – southbound full length to Trappaud Road
- Louth Park Road – southbound from Les Darcy Drive to Park Street
BETWEEN 8.00AM SATURDAY 29 APRIL 2017 AND 12 NOON SUNDAY 30 APRIL 2017:
TEMPORARY NO PARKING ZONES
- Both sides of Louth Park Road from Les Darcy Drive to Trappaud Road
- North side of Cracknell Lane from Anzac Street to Cultivation Road
- Both sides of Cultivation Road from Cracknell Lane to Trappaud Road
Access will be provided for local residents within the temporary closure area.
Comments regarding the event itself should also be forwarded in writing, endorsed “File 150/5 – Groovin’ the Moo Special Event” and addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, P.O. Box 220, Maitland NSW 2320.The closing date for comments (not related to the road closure) is 12.00pm Thursday 5 January 2017.
Comments regarding the above temporary closures for this event should be forwarded in writing, endorsed “File 122/944 – Groovin’ the Moo Road Closures” and addressed to the General Manager, at the above address. The closing date for comments relating to the temporary road closures is 12.00pm noon on Thursday 19 January 2017.