TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES
'THE MAITLAND TASTE - FOOD WINE & MUSIC FESTIVAL' 2014
Council has approved application to temporarily close High Street, Maitland from Elgin Street to Bourke Street, and part of Bulwer Street to conduct the 'Maitland Taste - Food Wine and Music Festival', to be held on Saturday 8 March and Sunday 9 March 2014.
It is proposed that the following Maitland roads will be temporarily closed to vehicular traffic for the duration of this event:
6.00am Friday 7 March 2014 to 8.00pm Sunday 9 March 2014:
1. Bulwer Street - from High Street just north of the Maitland Leagues Club entrance.
2. Dransfield Lane.
5.00pm Friday 7 March to 8.00pm Sunday 9 March 2014:
1. High Street - between Elgin Street and Bourke Street;
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES AND SPECIAL EVENT
The annual 'Steamfest' is to be held on the weekend of Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 April 2014. The following temporary road closures (to vehicular traffic only) and parking restrictions were requested by the Steamfest Panel and are listed below for public exhibition and comment:
Set up and presentation of Steamfest stalls and amusements
12.00 midnight Thursday 10 April to 12.00 midnight Sunday 13 April 2014
- Maitland Railway Station sealed car park
- Maitland Railway Station gravel car park
- Maitland Railway Station (sealed car park adjacent to station building).
Set up and presentation of stalls and amusements and set up of Steamfest 2014
Saturday 12 April and Sunday 13 April 2014 - 7.00am to 6.00pm
- Church Street - between Ken Tubman Drive and Les Darcy Drive
- Elgin Street - between Olive Street and Railway Line (buses excepted on specified route)
- Olive Street - between Church Street and Elgin Street
- Railway Street - between Church Street and Elgin Street (buses excepted on specific route)
- Station Street - between Elgin Street and cul-de-sac (taxi's excepted)
- Athel D'Ombrain Drive - between Elgin Street and Victoria Street (taxi's excepted)
- Allan Walsh Drive - between Ken Tubman Drive and Church Street (taxi's excepted)
- Ballard Street - between Steam Street and Church Street
- Fran Dawson Road - between Ballard Street and end of road
- Steam Street - between cul-de-sac and Elgin Street
- Napoleon Lane - south of Olive Street.
Presentation of Steamfest 2014 ' Show & Shine'
Sunday 13 April 2014 - 7.00am - 6.00pm
- Walker Street - between New England Highway roundabout and Elgin Street
- Internal road through Maitland Park - between main entrance and swimming pool.
Council also proposes to implement the usual temporary parking restrictions in various streets for Steamfest, to assist with the movement of public transport and public safety around the main Steamfest site in the vicinity of Maitland Railway Station.
'No Stopping' restrictions will be placed on both sides of the New England Highway from Church Street to the Trzecinski Bridge, and on both sides of Cessnock Road for 100m from the roundabout.
Comments relating to the core event or any of the sub-events (not related to road closures) should be forwarded in writing, addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, PO Box 220, Maitland 2320, endorsed 'Steamfest 2014 Special Event - File 150/5'. Submissions will be received up until 4.00pm on Wednesday 29 January 2014.
Comments regarding temporary road closures should be forwarded in writing (addressed to the General manager at the above address), endorsed 'Steamfest 2014 Temporary Road Closures - File 120/944/2'. The closing date for comments relating to the road closures is Wednesday 12 February 2014.
For further information regarding the event, please contact the Appearance & Infrastructure Division on 4934 9700.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES
SWAN STREET AND NORTHUMBERLAND STREET, MORPETH
ANZAC DAY MARCH AND CEREMONY
Council wishes to advise that it has received an application from the Morpeth Anzac Day Committee to temporarily close a section of Swan Street and Northumberland Street, Morpeth to hold the annual Anzac Day Ceremony. Details of the temporary closures on Friday 25 April 2014 are as follows:
- Swan Street - from Northumberland Street to Market Street - 10.00am to 12.30pm
- Swan Street - from Tank Street to Northumberland Street - Street March - 10.30am to 11.30am
- Northumberland Street - from Swan Street to Close Street - 11.30am - 12.30pm.
Public comments regarding the proposed road closures should be made in writing, addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, PO Box 220, Maitland 2320, endorsed 'Morpeth Anzac Day Temp Road Closures - File 122/944'. The closing date for comments relating to the temporary road closures is 4.00pm Wednesday 26 February 2014.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES
GROOVIN' THE MOO MUSIC FESTIVAL
ANZAC, BLOMFIELD STREETS AND PENDER ROAD, SOUTH MAITLAND
Council has received an application from Cattleyard Promotions to temporarily close some streets surrounding the Maitland Showground area to ensure safe movement of pedestrians and traffic associated with the proposed 'Groovin' the Moo' music festival. Closure details are as follows:
Between 8.00am and 11.00pm Saturday 26 April 2014:
1. Blomfield Street - from Anzac Street to Devonshire Street
2. Anzac Street - from Cracknell Lane to Blomfield Street.
Convert to one-way (southbound) movement from 8.00am to 11.00pm:
1. Pender Road - full length to Trappaud Road
2. Cultivation Road - full length to Trappaud Road
3. Louth Park Road - from Les Darcy Drive to Park Street.
Temporary 'NO PARKING' zone from 8.00am Saturday 26 April 2014 to 12 noon Sunday 27 April 2014:
1. Both sides of Louth Park Road - from Les Darcy Drive to Trappaud Road
2. North side of Cracknell Lane - from Anzac Street to Cultivation Road
3. Both sides of Cultivation Road - from Cracknell Lane to Trappaud Road.
Access will be provided for local residents within the temporary closure area.
Comments regarding the above temporary closures for this event should be forwarded in writing, endorsed 'File 122/944 - Groovin' the Moo Road Closures' and addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, PO Box 220, Maitland NSW 2320. The closing date for comments relating to the temporary road closures is 4.00pm 26 February 2014.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES
MAITLAND RIVER RUN - SUNDAY 4 MAY 2014
Council wishes to advise that it has received an application to temporarily close the following streets in Maitland to conduct the Maitland River Run special event. Date and times are as follows:
From 8.00am to 1.30pm - Sunday 4 May 2014:
1. High Street - from Church Street to Cathedral Street
2. High Street - northern side from St Andrews Street to Church Street
3. Stillsbury Lane
4. Cathedral Street - full length.
The proposed route for runners will include the above streets and the riverbank area. The start will be near the High Street / Church Street intersection and finish will be under the 'sails' adjacent to Bulwer Street.
Comments relating to the running of the event (not related to road closures or traffic management), should be made in writing, addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, PO Box 220, Maitland 2320, endorsed 'Maitland River Run Event - File 150/5'. The closing date for comments relating to the special event is 4.00pm Wednesday 12 February 2014.
Public comments regarding the proposed road closures should also be forwarded in writing (addressed to the General Manager at the above address), endorsed 'Maitland River Run - Road Closures - File 122/944'. The closing date for comments will be 4.00pm on Wednesday 26 February 2014.