Maitland River Run - Temporary Road Closures - Sunday 29 May 2016
Council wishes to advise that it has received an application to temporarily close the following streets in Maitland to conduct the Maitland River Run special event. Date and times are as follows:
From 7.00am to 3.00pm Sunday 29 May 2016:
- High Street - from Church Street to Cathedral Street
- High Street - northern side from St Andrews Street to Church Street
- Stillsbury Lane
- Cathedral Street - full length.
The proposed route for runners will include the above streets and the river bank area. The start will be near the High Street / Church Street intersection and finish will be adjacent to Bulwer Street.
Comments relating to the running of the event (not related to road closures or traffic management), should be made in writing, addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, PO Box 220, Maitland 2320, endorsed 'Maitland River Run Event - File 150/5'. The closing date for comments relating to the special event is 4.00pm Thursday 25 February 2016.
Public comments regarding the proposed road closures should also be forwarded in writing (addressed to the General Manager at the above address), endorsed 'Maitland River Run - Road Closures - File 122/944'. The closing date for comments will be 4.00pm on Thursday 10 March 2016.
GROOVIN' THE MOO MUSIC FESTIVAL: Temporary Road Closures - Anzac & Blomfield Streets and Pender Road, South Maitland
Council has received an application from Cattleyard Promotions to temporarily close some streets surrounding the Maitland Showground area to ensure safe movement of pedestrians and traffic associated with the proposed Groovin' the Moo Music Festival. Closure details are as follows:
Between 8.00am and 11.00pm Saturday 23 April 2016:
- Blomfield Street - from Anzac Street to Devonshire Street
- Anzac Street - from Cracknell Lane to Blomfield Street.
Convert to one-way (southbound) movement from 8.00am to 11.00pm:
- Pender Road - full length to Trappaud Road
- Cultivation Road - full length to Trappaud Road
- Louth Park Road - from Les Darcy Drive to Park Street.
Temporary NO PARKING zone from 8.00am Saturday 23 April 2016 to 12 noon Sunday 24 April 2016:
- Both sizes of Louth Park Road - from Les Darcy Drive to Trappaud Road
- North side of Cracknell Lane - from Anzac Street to Cultivation Road
- Both sides of Cultivation Road - from Cracknell Lane to Trappaud Road.
Access will be provided for local residents within the temporary closure area.
Comments regarding the event itself should also be forwarded in writing, endorsed 'File 150/5 - Groovin' the Moo Special Event' and addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, PO Box 220, Maitland NSW 2320. The closing date for comments (not related to the road closure) is 12.00pm Thursday 18 February 2016.
Comments regarding the above temporary closures for this event should be forwarded in writing, endorsed 'File 122/944 - Groovin' the Moo Road Closures' and addressed to the General Manager, at the above address. The closing date for comments relating to the temporary road closures is 12.00pm on Thursday 3 March 2016.
STEAMFEST 2016: Temporary Road Closures and Special Event. 9 - 10 April 2016
The annual “Hunter Valley Steamfest” is to be held on the weekend of 9 and 10 April 2016. The following temporary road closures (to vehicular traffic only) and parking restrictions were requested by the Steamfest Panel and are listed below for public exhibition and comment:
Setup and presentation of Steamfest stalls and amusements
12.00 midight Thursday 7 April - 12 midnight Sunday 10 April 2016
- Maitland Railway Station car park area
Setup and presentation of stalls and amusements and general setup of Steamfest 2016
- Church Street between Pender Place southern driveway and Les Darcy Drive
- Elgin Street between Olive Street and Railway Line
- Olive Street between Church Street and Elgin Street
- Railway Street between Church Street and Elgin Street
- Station Street between Elgin Street and cul-de-sac
- Athel D’Ombrain Drive between Elgin Street and Victoria Street
- Allan Walsh Drive between Ken Tubman Drive and Church Street (taxi’s excepted)
- Ballard Street between Steam Street and Church Street
- Fran Dawson Road between Ballard Street and end of road
- Steam Street between cul-de-sac and Elgin Street
- Napoleon Lane south of Olive
Presentation of Steamfest Show 'n' Shine
Sunday 10 April 2016 - 7.00am to 6.00pm
- Internal road through Maitland Park between Main Entrance and Swimming Pool.
No Stopping” restrictions will be placed on both sides of the New England Highway from Church Street to the Trzecinski Bridge, and on both sides of Cessnock Road for 100m south from the roundabout.
Comments relating to the core event or any of the sub-events (not related to road closures) should be forwarded in writing, addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, P.O. Box 220, Maitland 2320, endorsed “Steamfest 2016 Special Event - File 150/5”. Submissions will be received up until 4.00pm on Thursday, 4 February 2016.
"The Maitland Taste" Food, Wine & Music Festival 2016
Council has received an application to temporarily close High Street, Maitland from Elgin Street to Bourke Street (The Levee), and part of Bulwer Street to conduct the "Maitland Taste" Food, Wine & Music Festival, to be held on Saturday 12 March and Sunday 13 March 2016.
It is proposed that the following Maitland roads be temporarily closed to vehicular traffic during this event:
6.00am Friday 11 March 2016 to 7.00am Monday 14 March 2016:
High Street - between Elgin Street and Bourke Street
Bulwer Street - from High Street to just north of the Maitland Leagues Club entrance
Comments relating to the running of the event (not related to road closures or traffic management), should be made in writing, addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, PO Box 220, Maitland 2320, endorsed "Maitland Taste - Food, Wine & Music Festival - File 150/5". The closing date for comments relating to special events is 4.00pm Thursday 10 December 2015.
Public comments regarding the proposed road closure should also be forwarded in writing (addressed to the General Manager at the above address), endorsed "Maitland Taste - Food, Wine & Music Festival - Temporary Road Closures - File 122/944". The closing date for comments will be 4.00pm Thursday 24 December 2015.