TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES - MORPETH ANZAC DAY MARCH AND CEREMONY - SWAN STREET AND NORTHUMBERLAND STREET
Council wishes to advise that it has approved an application from Morpeth Anzac Day Committee to temporarily close a section of Swan Street and Northumberland Street to hold the annual Morpeth Anzac Day March and Ceremony. Details of the temporary closures on Tuesday 25 April 2017 are as follows:
- Swan Street between Northumberland Street and Market Street from 10.00am to 12.30pm
- Swan Street from Tank Street to Northumberland Street (street march) 10.30am to 11.30am
- Northumberland Street from Swan Street to Close Street 11.30am to 1.30pm.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES - GROOVIN’ THE MOO MUSIC FESTIVAL - ANZAC and BLOMFIELD STREETS and PENDER ROAD SOUTH MAITLAND
Council has approved an application from Cattleyard Promotions to temporarily close some streets surrounding the Maitland Showground to ensure safe movement of pedestrians and traffic associated with the Groovin’ the Moo music festival. Details are as follows:
1. Temporary road closures from 8.00am to midnight Saturday 29 April 2017:
- Anzac Street - from Cracknell Lane to Blomfield Street
- Blomfield Street - from Anzac Street to Devonshire Street
- Gipps Street - from Blomfield Street to car park area
- Smith Street - from Blomfield Street to car park area
- Rose Street - from Cross Street to Blomfield Street
- Park Street - from Louth Park Road to Elgin Street
- Elgin Street - 300m south of Walker Street to Park Street
- Evans Street
2. Convert to one-way movement from 8.00am to midnight Saturday 29 April 2017:
- Cultivation Road – southbound full length to Trappaud Road
- Louth Park Road – southbound from Les Darcy Drive to southern entrance of Showground
- Pender Road – northbound full length from Trappaud Road
3. Temporary NO PARKING zone from 8.00am Saturday 29 April 2017 to 12 noon Sunday 30 April 2017:
- Both sides of Louth Park Road - from Les Darcy Drive to Trappaud Road
- North side of Cracknell Lane - from Anzac Street to Cultivation Road
- Both sides of Cultivation Road - from Cracknell Lane to Trappaud Road.
Access will be provided for local residents within the temporary closure area. Consistent with recent years, High Street Railway Station will be closed during this event.
Parking for privately-chartered buses will be located in a separate parking area (under traffic control) just off Park Street between Gipps and Smith Streets – ingress via Walker Street / Elgin Street only. All bus movements on Park Street will be eastbound only with egress via Louth Park Road / Trappaud Road.
Temporary Road Closures - Special Event - Maitland River Run - Sunday 28 May 2017
Council wishes to advise that it has received an application to temporarily close the following streets in Maitland to conduct the Maitland River Run special event. Date and times are as follows:
From 7.00am to 1.00pm Sunday 28 May 2017
- High Street - from Church Street to Cathedral Street
- High Street - northern side from St Andrews Street to Church Street
- Stillsbury Lane
- Cathedral Street - full length.
The proposed route for runners will include the above streets and the river bank area. The start will be near the High St/Church St intersection and finish will be adjacent to Bulwer Street.
Comments relating to the running of the event (not related to road closures or traffic management), should be made in writing, addressed to the General Manager, Maitland City Council, P.O. Box 220, Maitland 2320, endorsed "Maitland River Run Event - file 150/5". The closing date for comments relating to the special event is 4.00 pm Thursday 30 March 2017. Public comments regarding the proposed road closures should also be forwarded in writing (addressed to the General Manager at the above address), endorsed "Maitland River Run – Road Closures - File 122/944". The closing date for comments will be 4.00 pm on Thursday 13 April 2017.