Why invest in Maitland
Maitland’s superb liveability and employment opportunities matched with enhancements to infrastructure and regional transport networks like the Hunter Expressway have fuelled ongoing commercial investment, business start-ups and residential growth.
Here's five reasons why you should invest in Maitland:
Accessible by road, rail, air and sea, Maitland is located:
- near two major transport routes - M1 Pacific Motorway and New England Highway
- on the Hunter train line (passenger trains) and the Hunter Valley Coal Chain (coal trains)
- just 30km from Newcastle Airport and the Port of Newcastle
- two hours from Sydney
Centrally located to the Hunter Valley's mining, wine and agriculture industries, Maitland is a logical choice for value added manufacturing such as mining support and food processing companies. Manufacturing and construction remain two of Maitland’s core economic drivers and will continue to value add and support other sectors within the industrial chain.
- A diverse economy led by the manufacturing, construction and retail sectors, boasting a healthy range of employment opportunities.
- Commerce is thriving with the revitalisation of Central Maitland, creation of The Levee lifestyle precinct, and the $412 million redevelopment of the shopping centre at Stockland Green Hills in East Maitland.
- Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) have created an appealing retail business mix to match an already flourishing professional services and health industry and visitor economy.
The value of development in Maitland City is $649,703,032. The total value of private sector and other government commercial development currently underway in Maitland Central Business District is $8,548,869 (July 2017 – June 18).
- Quality infrastructure and utilities including the National Broadband Network continue to support business growth.
- Enhancements to infrastructure and regional transport networks like the Hunter Expressway have fuelled ongoing commercial investment, business start-ups and residential growth.
Maitland still has vacant land available including:
- varied sizes of quality industrial and light industrial land are available, with two main estates offering both design and construct development opportunities, and sites with established facilities;
- untapped Greenfield industrial land and infill development opportunities;
- land for residential and commercial development; plus
- a range of commercial properties for sale and lease.
Developers and savvy investors have recognised the potential with many Sydney and International companies moving to Maitland.
- Maitland is the fastest growing regional city in NSW with affordable housing, quality education and excellent access to health care.
- Maitland has an array of affordable housing and land options for those wishing to invest in a growth property market. With the prices of housing and land in Sydney reaching unattainable levels, Maitland offers a wide selection of realistically priced homes and land with potential investment returns.