'Morph it' Road Closures
Maitland City Council has been successful in securing funding as part of the NSW Government’s Streets as Shared Spaces grants program.
‘Morph It’ will see Council unlock public space in Morpeth through a suite of quick, engaging and high impact temporary interventions that build upon the unique character of the historic township of Morpeth.
Morph It will act as a catalyst to increase visitation to the streets of Morpeth and encourage social connection through the installation of two temporary parklets, creative road surface treatments and temporary road closures and activations that are designed to bend the public’s perception of how our streets can be used.
As part of the programming, a series of road closures and traffic changes will be implemented:
- Temporary Road Closure of Berkley Street from Swan Street to the first driveway (chainage 23m) from 15 October to 29 November 2020
- Temporary Road Closure of Green Street from Swan Street to the first driveway (chainage 18m) from 15 October to 29 November 2020
- Temporary Road Closure of Green Street from the first driveway (chainage 18m) to Elizabeth Street from between 15 October to 29 November 2020. From Saturday 1:00pm reopening Monday prior to 8:00am. The additional extension of the Green Street closure to Elizabeth Street will take place on an ad hoc basis and will only take place on Saturdays and Sundays in line with the Morph It activities and programming.
- Installation of 12 (2 hour) angle parking spaces on Swan Street, Morpeth replaces current parallel spaces across the frontage of No 154 and No 148 Swan Street, Morpeth.
- No Parking zone in front of Parklet located in the front of 160 Swan Street, Morpeth
- Installation of a bicycle lane and shared path and associated No Stopping Signage in Queens Wharf Road.