COVID-19 Aquatics site protocols
Teaching children to swim safety has always been our number one priority. We have introduced several COVID-19 Protocols to keep you, your children and our staff safe.
The following protocols have been introduced for everyone's safety. You can prepare for your arrival at Maitland Aquatics Centre by reading the below information and being aware of the new protocols in place.
You will be asked to fill in a COVID-19 declaration form upon your arrival, each time you visit.
- Class rations have been reduced.
- We ask that only one carer or parent attends the facility per swimming student for each lesson.
- Where possible, we request that non-swimming siblings don't attend classes.
- We encourage warm clothing, beanies, ugg boots etc. as the change rooms are not available for use.
At Maitland Aquatics we maintain the highest standards of hygiene. Using the latest air and water filtration technologies, and our chlorine treatment together with our added UV filtration system provides a double layer of protection in the water.
Other steps we have taken to ensure good hygiene at our centre include:
- Hand sanitiser will be available within the centre for patron and staff use
- Contact at entry points has been reduced.
- Surfaces will be regularly disinfected throughout the day.
- All equipment will be regularly disinfected before and after use.
- Deep cleans have been carried out, and are scheduled in addition to increased cleaning on site.
At Maitland Aquatics we are:
- Practicing social distancing on the pool deck and within open areas (noodle)
- Practice social distancing in the classes with the use of markers
- Continuing our duty of care by ensuring students are in a safe area
We ask that our patrons do their best to practice social distancing and help keep everyone safe.
- If you or your child are showing any symptoms, please stay home
- If any of our staff show any symptoms, they too will not return to work without a clearance
- Please check the “NSW COVID Case locations updates before each class or session. If you or your child have been to any location at the times listed, please stay home.
- We recommend downloading the COVIDSafe App
- All staff have completed the Governments COVID-19 Infection Control training.
- Maitland Aquatics has a registered NSW Health COVID -19 workplace Plan in place.
- Please follow our COVID-19 Protocols so swimming is safe and fun for everyone.