Haussman Drive Road Upgrade
The traffic generation from the Thornton North development will result in a significant increase in traffic on the existing local and state road network, generating a need for new and/or upgraded traffic facilities, roads, bridges and intersections.
The project will be delivered in three stages. They are:
Glenroy Street upgrade from Railway Avenue to Government Road including both Intersections.
- Relocation of power poles and utility services
- The upgrade to a signalised intersection at Railway Avenue and Glenroy Street
- Intersection improvements at Government Road and Glenroy Street
- Reconstruction of road pavement in Glenroy Street.
Haussman Drive upgrade from Government Road to Taylor Avenue including Taylor Avenue Intersection.
- Upgrade of the intersection at Taylor Avenue and Haussman Drive
- Reconstruction and widening of the road pavement
- Construction of a shared path
- On road cycleway provision.
Haussman Drive upgrade from Taylor Avenue to Raymond Terrace Road including Raymond Terrace Road Intersection.
- Upgrade to a signalised intersection at Raymond Terrace Road and Haussman Drive
- Reconstruction and widening of road pavement
- Construction of a shared path.
What to expect
Geotechnical Investigation, Concept Plan and Estimate have been completed. Design is currently being undertaken and construction is scheduled to start in late 2018 – early 2019.
Have your say
Feedback on the design phase of the Haussman Drive Thornton Upgrade is being sought from the community prior to the start of construction. Feedback can be provided to the Council via an online submission (below) or in writing to:
Jayanta Saha, PO Box 220, Maitland NSW 2320.
To keep up to date with Council projects, plans, documents and programs you can also join our Your Say facebook group.
12 October 2018
30 October 2018
Late 2018 - Early 2019