Lorn Riverbank Draft Plan of Management and Masterplan
The Hunter River is one of Maitland’s greatest and most popular natural and recreational assets. Council has embarked on a strategic plan to enhance access points and recreational opportunities at Queens Wharf Morpeth and the Lorn Riverbank, a project jointly funded by Roads and Maritime Services.
After extensive consultation with the community in 2016, a draft Plan of Management and Masterplan for the Lorn Riverbank has been prepared and we are now seeking your feedback.
What is proposed for Lorn Riverbank?
Future objectives for the site have been developed in consultation with the community, the proposed objectives include:
- Improved access to the Hunter River and the riverbank park for recreation
- Improved opportunities for recreation within the park
- Park enhancements that complement Lorn’s identity and Maitland’s long term vision for the area
- Ensure the development and use of the riverbank is sympathetic to the natural ecology and environment of the site.
In addition to these objectives, Council propose to reclassify Lot 1 and 2 DP953307 The Esplanade, Lorn from operational land to community land to ensure the land zoning is consistent with its intended use as a recreation site.
Want to know more?
- Read the information sheet
- Read the draft Plan of Management
- Read the draft Masterplan
- Read the supporting reports under related documents
Have Your Say
Contributions to this consultation closed for evaluation and review on 22 September 2017. The project team will report back on the project outcomes once presented to Council for consideration.
Community drop-in session
Engagement pop-up at Aroma
Public Hearing for proposed categorisation of land.
A Study into Access to the Hunter and Patterson Rivers was undertaken by Council.
Maitland City Council Identified Lorn as priority areas.
Community workshops and consultation to inform draft Management and Masterplan.
Council meeting endorsed the exhibition of draft Management and Masterplan.
Draft Plan of Management and Masterplan Lorn Riverbank open for exhibition and submissions.
Aroma Festival. Maitland Your Say team available to discuss the project and take submissions.
Community information drop in sessions.
Independent Public Hearing on the categorisation of land.
Draft Plan of Management and Masterplan for Lorn Riverbank exhibition period closed.