Development Application Information
Your Development Application should address all relevant matters, up-front, in your Statement of Environmental Effects (SEE). This will help to avoid additional information requests and will help to ensure an efficient and smooth process.
A range of plans and documents, as outlined in Schedule 1 of the NSW Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000, must be submitted with your application. The specific plans and documents will vary depending on your development.
For advice on what to submit, contact our Customer Service Centre on 02 4934 9700, Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 12.30pm, and ask to speak with a Duty Officer.
Before you start
Before you start the online application, please be sure you have completed the following forms if applicable;
- Application for Development and/or Construction Certificate (including Disclosure statement of Political Donations and Gifts).
- Site Waste Management and Minimisation Plan
- Statement of Environmental Effects
Additional supporting documentation is required depending on the type of application you are submitting. These are detailed below.
Additional supporting documents may include:
- Elevation Plans
- BASIX - A BASIXS certificate is an energy efficiency report for a new home or alterations and additions greater than $50,000 that demonstrates its sustainability
- Site Assessment Report
- Drainage Plans
- Landscape Plans
- Notification Plans
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to speak with Hunter Water to ensure the proposed development is clear of Hunter Water assets. To find out more visit the Hunter Water website or contact 1300 657 657.