Council coordinates ClubGRANTS Category One, which funds community projects within the Maitland Local Government Area.
ClubGRANTS is a responsibility of the registered clubs under the Gaming Machine Tax Act 2001. ClubGRANTS funding is available to community groups, charities and sporting teams across NSW.
The scheme is typically open from May until July. Successful applicants will be informed in writing by the end of July and funding is awarded to successful projects in August.
Dates for 2021 will be announced soon.
Council coordinates Category One ClubGRANTS in partnership with the Department of Family and Community Services (FaCS) and NSW Council of Social Services (NCOSS). Category One supports community welfare and social services, community development, employment assistance activities, community health services, and projects aimed at improving the living standards of low income and disadvantaged people in the Maitland Local Government Area.
Local area priorities are identified each year by Council, FaCS and NCOSS. A set of local area priorities are then used to assess applications. This process helps local registered clubs allocate their ClubGRANTS Category One funding in a fair and equitable way. The priorities for 2021 are listed below.
- Initiatives that encourage a zero tolerance to all forms of domestic and family violence (including child protection initiatives)
- Projects aimed at overcoming social isolation, connecting people and keeping and communities safe
- Targeted mental health intervention and prevention initiatives for depression and suicide
- Community education programs encouraging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness and leadership development
- Initiatives that engage community in art, culture, sport and recreation
- Initiatives that improve parenting and/or life skills
- Volunteering Initiatives
- Initiatives that encourage intergenerational relationship building
- Health promotion initiatives including community based healthy activities
- Initiatives that support people to age in place and sustain tenancies
- Initiatives that support social participation for older people, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, multicultural communities or young people.