Stronger Country Communities Fund
The Stronger Country Communities fund delivers crucial local infrastructure to improve the quality of life of people living in regional NSW. Funding is provided to local projects such as parks, community halls, playgrounds and amenity blocks.
Only council's are eligible to submit applications. Maitland City Council is providing an opportunity to sporting and community groups to put forward potential projects for consideration.
- Construction of new or refurbishment/upgrade of existing community infrastructure such as community halls, playgrounds, or toilet block
- Construction of new or refurbishment/upgrade of existing local sporting infrastructure such as change room facilities, walking and cycle pathways, public pool upgrades, indoor sports facilities or oval/court lighting
- Capital works related to street beautification and public ‘place making’ such as murals, planter boxes or town and tourism signage
- Projects should have a minimum delivery cost of $50,000 per project. If a project is over $1,000,000 it needs to be accompanied by a letter of support from the relevant state sporting body and a financial contribution of 25% is required
- Groups wishing to submit a project must, in the first instance, contact Council’s Recreation Planning Coordinator, Kate Harris via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Friday 23 March providing an overview of the project, specifically, details of the anticipated works, the projected outcomes and who will benefit from the project
- Following initial assessment of project concepts in line with the fund guidelines, Council will advise if the full application will be accepted for further detailed consideration. Please note that any groups proposing to submit a detailed application, must be in a position to complete all the required documentation. E.g. groups will be required to seek all quotations/designs and supporting information within a very tight timeframe in order to achieve fund requirements and deadline.
Project applications utilising only the templates below must be submitted to Council for assessment no later than 4.30pm on Friday 6 April.
Clubs will receive notification of Council’s detailed project consideration for application by 5.00pm on Monday 16 April.
Please liaise with your committees and raise potential projects with Council as soon as possible. Should you have further questions, please contact Council’s Recreation Planning Coordinator Kate Harris via email email@example.com