Bin collections and etiquette
Bin etiquette is an important part of waste management and helps keep everyone happy.
Place your bin on the kerbside before 5.00am on your collection day.
- Ensure your bin is not obstructed by vehicles, overhanging trees, electricity poles and letter boxes.
- Place your bin with the lid opening towards the roadway.
- Make sure the lid of your bin is fully closed.
- Find out what can be placed into your bin. Bins may be rejected if they contain unacceptable material.
- Ensure your bin weighs less than 80kg.
- Space bins one metre apart.