My Place Grants
The program will support celebrations in suburbs across our city that are planned and delivered by the community for the community.
The program encourages community collaboration to deliver celebrations that reconnect communities, build networks and create a safe, inclusive environment for residents to come together once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, in suburbs across our City.
My Place projects must be in the form of activities or celebrations and are to be delivered entirely by the community for the community.
The projects should reflect the unique character of your suburb, be free and accessible to all members of the community.
We are looking for the community to share ideas and inspiration on how you would like to see your suburb come together and celebrate once restrictions related to COVID-19 are lifted. To share, comment or like an idea, please visit:
Once we have received your feedback on ideas there will be an expression of interest phase followed by an application process where projects will be assessed in relation to:
- Potential Impact – will the project have a positive impact on the community? How many people can participate?
- Feasibility – is the project realistic and can you demonstrate it can be delivered from concept development through to implementation?
- Creativity – is the idea original, is it engaging, is it fun?
- Value for Money – does the project demonstrate value for money for the community and is the proposed budget realistic?
- Appropriate to the location – is the project appropriate for your suburb? Is the proposed location public land and is the site large enough?
- Evidence of community collaboration – does the project demonstrate collaboration, with residents/groups working together in the planning and implementation?
- Community engagement - Wednesday 19 August - Sunday 11 October 2020
- Applications open for Expressions of Interest (EOI) - From mid October - end of November 2020
- Consultation with EOI applicants - From mid November 2020 - early January 2021
- Formal applications - From February 2021
- Community voting - From the start of March - mid April 2021
- Project delivery - From May 2021 onwards
Funding of up $20,000 per project will be available to individuals working together and/or local non-profit community based groups.
During the expressions of interest phase, a brief budget will be required. Following this, consultation with Council will take place and if the project is feasible and deliverable a detailed budget will be required for the formal submission process.
The ideas posted by the community will be used to spark inspiration for public submissions in the Expression of Interest (EOI) phase. Council's Place Activation team will consult with community members who have submitted an EOI to ensure the project is feasible and deliverable. Applicants with EOI concepts that meet the project guidelines will be invited to submit a formal application. The concepts submitted by the community will be put to the public to vote to select the successful projects. Projects will be delivered, pending the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions, on a rolling basis until all are complete