Haussman Drive Road Upgrade
The traffic generation from the Thornton North development will result in a significant increase in traffic on the existing local and state road network, generating a need for new and/or upgraded traffic facilities, roads, bridges and intersections.
The project will be delivered in three stages. They are:
- Relocation of power poles and utility services
- The upgrade to a signalised intersection at Railway Avenue and Glenroy Street
- Intersection improvements at Government Road and Glenroy Street
- Reconstruction of road pavement in Glenroy Street.
- Upgrade of the intersection at Taylor Avenue and Haussman Drive
- Reconstruction and widening of the road pavement
- Construction of a shared path
- On road cycleway provision.
- Upgrade to a signalised intersection at Raymond Terrace Road and Haussman Drive
- Reconstruction and widening of road pavement
- Construction of a shared path.
What to expect
Design is currently being undertaken and construction is scheduled to start in late 2018 – early 2019. Directly impacted residents will be notified when the works are due to commence.
Access to businesses will be maintained and traffic management will be in place to minimise the impacts to local residents and commuters.