Any personal information will be treated within the terms of Council's privacy responsibilities and obligations. Council's Privacy Management Plan details how Council handles all personal and health information it collects, stores, accesses and uses. The Council website is used to publish resources of relevance to our community; personal information will not be published on the website without permission or where there is a statutory requirement to do so.
Personal information collected via this website may include:
- Content of electronic forms or surveys completed on the website
- Any messages or comments submitted via this website or email address
Website statistics and cookies
Council collects website traffic information and uses this to identify usage patterns and improve the user experience. Information collected includes:
- IP address of the device you are using as well as information abut previous and next sites visited
- The top level domain name e.g. .com / .gov / .au
- The address of your server
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The type of browser and operating system used
This website is hosted in Australia in a secure facility. To help protect the privacy of data and personal information we collect and hold, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. Council has implemented measures to protect personal information however the security of any information transmitted is not guaranteed.
Access to your personal information is restricted to employees who need it to provide services to you.
Personal information submitted via online chat will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected and will be recorded in Council's corporate information system.
Links to other sites and social networking
When following links to other sites from this website, we recommend you read the privacy statement of that site to familiarise yourself with its privacy practices. This privacy statement does not extend beyond this website and Council is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other linked websites. Social networking services also have their own privacy policies for handling your personal information. This website privacy statement does not extend to social networking services.
Privacy and personal information
Council is committed to privacy protection and complies with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and Government Information Public Access Act 2009.
How to access personal information
To access personal information, you will need to complete one of the following forms:
- Access your own personal information
- To amend your personal information
- To access someone else’s personal information
- To make a complaint regarding privacy
Please note the personal information of others will only be released if it is consistent with Council’s legal obligations.