It is extremely important to take appropriate precautions to protect you and your family, especially at night when mosquitoes are at their most active, particularly over the warmer months.
To manage mosquito risks we recommend you:
- Wear loose, light coloured long pants and long sleeved clothing. Also wear enclosed footwear
- Apply mosquito repellent to exposed skin areas, and re-apply as per instructions or when you feel mosquitoes biting
- Use aerosol insecticide sprays and mosquito coils to clear areas of mosquitoes
- Ensure barriers such as fly screens on doors and windows are in place
- Prevent mosquitoes breeding around your home by removing all water holding items such as tyres and plastic containers.
For further information visit the NSW Health Hazard Fact Sheet.