Thornton Precinct Access Upgrade
Parliamentary Secretary for the Hunter Scot MacDonald met with Mayor Loretta Baker and staff on Wednesday 31 January to discuss Council's application for the Thornton Precinct Access Upgrade.
The Growing Local Economies application seeks $51.17 million for:
- Upgrade of the Weakleys and Glenwood Drive roundabout
- Upgrade of Glenwood Drive between Weakleys Drive and Thornton Road
- Upgrade of Thornton Road to four traffic lanes north of Glenwood Drive
- Construction of traffic signals at the intersections of Thornton Road with Glenwood Drive and Huntingdale Drive
- Duplication of the rail bridge on Thornton Road to provide four lane capacity.
If successful in receiving funding, the project will be delivered over a three year period.
The project supports connectivity between New England Highway and Raymond Terrace Road, to current and future employment land and to adjacent residential areas.
To find out more about Growing Local Communities click here.