Each laneway will boast its own distinctive visual aesthetic, with the laneways encompassing everything from murals, overhead lighting, soundscapes, augmented reality experiences, additional seating to support outdoor dining, shade, greenery and a four month activation program.
Maitlanes aims to:
- Provide more and better green open spaces that improve walkability and connection, enable day and night activity, and increase footfall
- Drive collaboration and partnerships between local government and other sectors
- Trial temporary interventions and pop up activations, with a view to introduce more permanent changes in the future.
Maitland project locations
- (M)eat @ Stillsby - Stillsby Lane
- Maitland's Lost Cedar Forests - NAB Laneway
- Urban Jungle - Moore Street, between Elgin and Albion Street
- Oasis - Dransfield Laneway
- Cocktails on Coffin - Coffin Lane
- Name It And They Will Come - Unnamed Lane
- Take Me To The River - Drill Hall Lane North and Preschool Lane
Project timeline (subject to change)
August 2022 - Works commence
September/October 2022 - Works conclude
October 2022 - Activation program commences
January 2022 - Activation program concludes
The Maitlanes initiative is proudly funded by NSW Government’s ‘Streets as Shared Spaces’ (SaSS) program.