Your High Street Program
Maitland City Council has been successful in securing grant funding as part of the NSW Government ‘Your High Street’ (YHS) program.
The YHS program supports councils across NSW to make permanent improvements to the amenity and functionality of their High Streets. The program recognises the importance of streets as public spaces in strategic centres to support community and economic recovery.
The YHS program will see Council improve the amenity and functionality of High Street, Central Maitland between Grant Street and the Ken Tubman Drive roundabout through a series of engaging and high impact permanent interventions that build upon the unique mix of businesses in the precinct and support a burgeoning night time economy.
Your High Street projects
- Urban structures, including a parklet, featured seating with integrated garden and urban shade canopy.
- Creative street and footpath treatments. Surface mural on Lee Street and creative footpath artworks along High Street.
- Implementation of ‘shared zone’ on Lee Street. Reduction of speed limit to 10 km/h. Drivers must always give way to pedestrians.
- Greenery, such as additional street trees and planters.
- Additional street furniture, including bench seating, tables, bins and bike racks.
- A series of scheduled activations and events.
For any further questions please contact Place Activation Team on 02 4931 2869 or [email protected]