The Maitland Jewish Cemetery is the largest, most intact separate Jewish burial ground in the State and has strong connections with the local synagogue in Maitland.
The monuments of Maitland Jewish Cemetery provide physical evidence of the historic Jewish community in Maitland while also exemplifying connections and relationships not only to the wider Jewish community but also in the local context of the settlement and history of Maitland and NSW.
Consists of 44 burials on 0.6 ha of land. This Jewish Cemetery is one of three dedicated Jewish cemeteries established in NSW. Most headstones are inscribed in Hebrew.
The Cemetery is listed on the NSW State Heritage Register.
- Maitland Jewish Cemetery Conservation Management Plan
- Encounters with Maitland's early Jewish Community Walk
- Maitland Jewish Cemetery Map & Layout Plan
- Maitland Jewish Cemetery Interpretation Plan
- NSW State Heritage Register
- International Jewish Cemetery Project Australia
- Australian Jewish Historical Society