Why work with us
Our organisation offers career opportunities over a diverse range of areas, whether you are looking for an indoor, outdoor, office based, trade specific, technical or specialist role, we have it all.
Council promotes equal access to opportunities within the organisation for all staff and prides itself on creating a safe and inviting working environment.
Maitland is rapidly growing and as a result more opportunities are becoming available in a range of professions. Local Government can provide you with a huge variety of job opportunities.
Maitland City Council values our staff and the hard work they do. In return Council offers a range of benefits including:
- Rostered days off (RDO’s)
- Long service leave after five years
- Purchased additional leave (up to four weeks per year)
- Paid parental leave (nine weeks in addition to the Federal Government Paid Parental Leave Scheme)
- Healthy Employee Program
- Fitness Passport
- Health and Wellbeing days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational and Professional Sponsorship Program
- Career Development Opportunities
- Promotion of a work/life balance
- Recognition of long serving employees.
View Work Vacancies to see if there is currently a role to suit you.