Why work with us
Our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds and professions creating a dynamic workforce of over 400 staff members.
Our organisation offers career opportunities over a diverse range of areas, whether you are looking for an indoor, outdoor, office based, trade specific, technical or specialist role, we have it all.
Council promotes equal access to opportunities within the organisation for all staff and prides itself on creating a safe and inviting working environment.
Maitland is rapidly growing and as a result more opportunities are becoming available in a range of professions. Local Government can provide you with a huge variety of job opportunities.
Maitland City Council is committed to being an employer of choice. Council offers a generous suite of employment arrangements such as:
- A flexible work environment
- Competitive remuneration for employees
- Rostered days off (RDO’s)
- Long service leave after five years
- Purchased additional leave (up to four weeks per year)
- Paid parental leave (nine weeks in addition to the Federal Government Paid Parental Leave Scheme)
- Healthy Employee Program
- Fitness Passport
- Health and Wellbeing days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational and Professional Sponsorship Program
- Career development opportunities
Recognition of long serving employees
View Work Vacancies to see if there is currently a role to suit you.