You may come across Council's Rangers, particularly when they are out in the community following up a Customer Request. Examples of some of the duties they undertake on a daily basis:
- Animal control, including regulation of companion animals and off leash areas
- Stray livestock
- Keeping of animals including barking dogs
- Parking regulation including school zones, on-street parking, and some specific car parks
- Abandoned vehicles and other items
- Issuing infringement notices
- Investigation of illegal dumping incidents
- regulation of activities on Council reserves contrary to signage
To lodge a request for ranger services during business hours, please call 02 4934 9700.
After hours, for incidents where public health and safety may be compromised (such as a dog attack or stray livestock on the road), please contact Council's after hour service provider on 02 4934 9700. Details will then be passed on to the on-call ranger.
Non-urgent ranger matters can also be reported to the after hours number who will pass details on the on-call ranger to deal with as priorities allow.
Here are the best contact details for incidents outside of Council Ranger responsibilities:
Cruelty to animals
RSPCA NSW Emergencies
1300 278 3589
|Dead animals on Council property||Maitland City Council|
02 4934 9700 (during business hours)
|All native animals (kangaroos, wombats, snakes etc.)||NPWS (National Parks and Wildlife Service)||1300 072 757|
|Injured native animals, birds and reptiles||WIRES (Wildlife Information and Rescue Service)|
1300 094 737
|Loud music, revving cars etc after hours|
Maitland Police Station (After hours)
02 4934 0200