Aqua Classes will be recommencing from Monday 28 September 2020.
Please check in with us and update your details so we can keep you up to date. Below is information you will need to know prior to returning to Maitland Aquatics.
Aqua Fitness members
- Aqua memberships are currently suspended unless they have been reactivated at your request.
- No memberships are currently being debited.
- Bookings are currently being taken for lap swimming and exercise. Call 02 4933 5073 to book.
- Showers are not currently available.
- Please bring your own equipment.
- The indoor pool located at Maitland Aquatic Centre is open from 6.00am until 6.00pm Monday to Friday, and 9.00am to 5.00pm on Saturday.
- We are moving to a new direct debit provider, and a new debit form request is required to activate your account. If you have not yet received a new direct debit form, please contact the Swim School Office on 02 4933 5073 or email email@example.com
Maitland Aquatics offers the following fitness programs. Please be advised that numbers are limited and the times for fitness programs are subject to change.
Aqua fitness enhances cardiovascular fitness and muscular endurance while the water provides added resistance and support with minimal joint strain for a great challenge. No matter what your age, ability or experience, aqua fit is an inclusive activity suitable for everyone. Our 45 minute Aquafit classes are held by our AustSwim qualified aqua instructors throughout the week and on Saturday mornings at Maitland Aquatic Centre. Come along anytime throughout the term and join in the fun!
Aqua cycling has been designed to take advantage of the many benefits of the aquatic environment. The strongest advantage of the Aqua bike is the utilisation of the waters buoyancy for joint support, which provides protection for those who have special medical concerns such as arthritis. The resistance is determined by four paddle wheels. Resistance is also added by increasing RPM’s through acceleration which is a key component in aquatic conditioning. Additional challenges can be met by a change in seat positions, intervals or power pull techniques. Come along and try the newest 30 minute fitness program. A requirement of the class is the wearing of aqua gym shoes.
Please note that numbers are limited, and bookings are essential.