Bulky waste collection
Council has included Remondis Australia Pty Ltd on the Service Provider list for Bulky Waste Collection Services.
- Remondis will collect a fee directly from the resident requesting the service for the removal of the bulky waste.
- If the resident is able to present a current tip voucher issued by Maitland City Council to the property for which the collection service is requested, disposal fees will not be payable for up to 400kg of bulky waste.
Remondis Australia can be contacted on 02 4921 7600.
Remondis will advise you of:
- the cost of collecting the bulky waste
- the date of collection.
There will be no cost for the disposal of the bulky waste (fee for the collection will still be payable) if:
- a current tip voucher issued by Maitland City Council can be submitted to Remondis, and
- the bulky waste to be removed does not exceed 400kg.
Remondis will not collect bulky waste items that exceed 400kg.
Please ensure only acceptable materials are provided for collection. Types of waste that cannot be removed as part of the bulky waste collection service, and alternative disposal options are included in the table below.
|Waste material||Alternative disposal information|
Tyres can be recycled at the Waste Management Centre and fees apply.
Liquid waste is not accepted at the Waste Management Centre. A list if other prohibited waste items can be found here.
The Waste Management Centre accepts vegetation waste, and applicable fees apply.
Food waste should be placed in your general waste garbage bin for kerbside collection.
Putrescible waste is general solid waste and should be placed in your general waste garbage bin for kerbside collection.
Council holds regular Mattress Muster events where mattresses can be disposed of for recycling free of charge. At other times, fees apply.
Other materials as listed on the back on the tip voucher cannot be included as part of the bulky waste collection service.
The bulky waste must be presented neatly within the boundary of the property (not on the footpath or kerb).