The following information provides details on the types of waste that can and can't be disposed at the Mount Vincent Road Waste Management Centre. This includes details on recyclable items, asbestos and a list of prohibited items.
The following recyclables are accepted at the Mount Vincent Road Waste Management Centre. Simply inform staff on arrival and take your recyclables to the designated areas of the Waste Management Centre.
- Electronic waste
- Cardboard and paper
- Glass bottles, cans, plastic containers
- Motor oil
- Gas bottles
- Scrap metal (steel)
- Lead acid batteries
- Fridges, freezers and air-conditioners
- Concrete, bricks, roof tiles that are uncontaminated (fees apply)
- Mattresses (fees apply)
- Tyres (fees apply)
See the Disposal fees page for more information on charges.
Asbestos can have serious health implications if inappropriately handled. In order to protect the health and safety of people please observe the following guidelines for the safe removal and disposal of asbestos.
A NSW Workcover licence is required to remove more than 10 square metres (100kg) of bonded asbestos and any amount of friable asbestos.
- All asbestos deliveries to the Waste Management Centre must be booked 24 hours in advance by calling 02 4934 1888.
- Any asbestos loads (including asbestos contaminated soil) exceeding 100kg or 10 square metres must be registered using the NSW EPA's Waste Locate system by:
- Registering to receive a Unique Consignment ID
- Recording when the asbestos has been collected and is ready for transportation to the Waste Management Centre
- Recording when you have arrived at the Waste Management Centre.
For a step by step process and correct disposal requirements of asbestos follow these Asbestos Guidelines.
The following materials are NOT ACCEPTED at the Mount Vincent Road Waste Management Centre:
- Liquid waste of any description
- Radioactive material
- Pathological waste
- Toxic chemicals
- Industrial wastes.