Promote my business
We can help promote your business through a number of channels and platforms.
Each month we distribute an e-bulletin called Business Matters to customers and other local business operators, covering relevant news, industry updates, what's on for business, grants and funding, as well as blog articles with advice and simple strategies to help business owners.
We also highlight local stories and drive campaigns, events and initiatives that celebrate Maitland as a great place to live, visit and invest.
MyMaitland captures every major event across the City, and all the visitor economy businesses and experiences people can enjoy. Tourism operators are also encouraged to connect with us on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse.
Events and training
We run numerous training programs, and partner with other organisations that can help you and your business network to collaborate and upskill.
Small Business Start Up Series
We regularly deliver sessions to help get your business started. By attending these free sessions, you’ll learn how to bring your idea to life with helpful tips and resources.
Details about upcoming sessions will be posted below when available.
Contact our Business Engagement Officer for more information.
External training programs
We run numerous training programs, and partner with other organisations that can help you and your business network, collaborate and upskill.
- Explore Being your own Boss - Two week program aimed at unemployed individuals who are wanting self employment. Participants will gain an understanding of what runing a business is all about and begin testing their ideas.
- New Enterprise Incenctive Scheme - Seven weeks program aimed at giving people the skills and confidence to run their own business. You will also receive ongoing mentoring for a year afterwards to help keep you on track.
- Digital Business Solutions - Training program funded by the Australian Government which aims to support small businesses with digital marketing, e-commeric and data and privacy security.
Business support networks
There are a number of support programs and business networks that can help with your business.
- Maitland Business Chamber is an industry network in Maitland that can help with creating strong business relationships, receiving useful advice and tips, and learning what’s happening in the community.
- Hunter Region Business Hub in Kurri Kurri can help with providing helpful small business advice.
- The Business Centre in Newcastle advises people to explore and develop their business ideas with face-to-face workshops from a qualified and accomplished team of business advisors and trainers.
Visitor Economy resources
If you play a role in running a business or event that engages with visitors to Maitland, you can access various resources and assets via the Visitor Economy Industry Hub on MyMaitland.
This includes tools such as:
- Image library and marketing promotion assets
- Industry contacts, events and data
- Event and visitor attraction support
- Regular newsletters.
There’s plenty of available grants that can help fund the start or growth of your business.
Council’s Vibrant City Sponsorship provides financial sponsorship to businesses, community groups and events. There is a range of other available grants from Council and other governing bodies on the Maitland Grant Hub.
Connect with Council business staff
We’re available to meet with you to discuss your enquiries and help your business succeed.
You can contact our Business Engagement Officer who will be able to lead you in the right direction.