Governance and transparency

Council staff members


Find any Council adopted policy that may relate to assets, corporate matters, the community, governance, planning and environment, finance, recreation or roads.

Accessing information

Open Access information

You can access particular information free of charge, online or by contacting Council.

Request access

There are two types of requests you can make to access information:

  • Informal requests, and
  • Formal requests

Informal request

Informal requests can be made for information which is not already published, and raises no particular concerns as to why it should be kept confidential.

Formal request

Formal requests can be made for information relates to a Third Party, has significant public interest considerations, requests a large volume of information or significant time is required to consider the request.

Formal access request

Note: Formal Access Requests cannot be completed online. Please download the form, and submit it in person.

Access personal information

Access your own information
Access someone else's personal information
Amend your own information
Make a complaint about privacy

Disclosure log

The disclosure log records information about access applications made to Council that may be of interest to other members of the public. The disclosure log contains non-personal information only.

Contact Council's Right to Information Officer

If you’d like more information about the privacy of information and how to access it, contact our Right to Information Officer on 4934 9700.

You can also view Council’s Right to Information Guidelines.

Political donations

Anyone making planning applications or submissions is required to disclose any reportable political donations or gifts at the time of making the application or submission.

You must complete a political disclosure form if you have made any reportable political donations.

Lodge a political disclosure form

Council maintains a register of all disclosures of political donations.

To view disclosures of political donations lodged by Councillors, please visit the Electoral Funding Authority Website.

    Councillor disclosure

    As per Council’s Code of Conduct 2022, Councillors must prepare and submit written disclosures relating to social media and website administration within one month after either:

    • becoming a councillor,
    • 30 June of each year,
    • the councillor becoming a social media site or website administrator, or
    • ceasing as a social media or website administrator, if the information in the disclosure would be different to the information contained within the previous disclosure.


    Material on this website is subject to copyright and is intended for general use and information only. Users are permitted to print or download information and materials for personal use only and not for commercial or public use. Content must not be modified from how it appears on the website and must include a copyright notice.

    Material appearing on linked sites may be subject to third party copyright. Council cannot give any permission to use such material and strongly recommends that you refer to the copyright notices on those sites before using such material.

    Requests and enquiries concerning copyright can be addressed in writing to:

    Contact Person: The General Manager, Maitland City Council
    Mail: PO Box 220 MAITLAND NSW 2320

    Council's use of information

    Council has adopted a Copyright Policy which outlines Council’s commitment to copyright compliance and provides guidance to staff when using copyrighted materials both internally and externally to Council.

    See Also
    How Council works