Assisted Waste Collection Service
The Assisted Waste Collection Service is eligible for residents who are physically unable to move their bins to the kerbside for collection due to a medical condition, age or disability.
On your regular service day, Council will collect your bin from a designated location at the front of your property, empty the bin and return the bin to the designated location.
If you require assistance in completing your application form, please contact our Customer Experience Team on 02 4934 9700.
- Check with neighbours, friends or family
There may be a neighbour, friend or family member close by, who is happy to help.
- Review terms and conditions
Your doctor is required to complete PART 2 of the above application form and provide a doctor’s certificate in support of your application. Please note, the cost of the examination is to be borne by the applicant.
You are able to submit your Assisted Waste Collection Application online, via post, email or to our Customer Experience Team .
Submit via email to [email protected]
Send application via post to:
PO Box 220
Maitland NSW 2320
Drop off application to our Customer Experience Team at:
285–287 High Street
Maitland NSW 2320
To be eligible for the Assisted Waste Collection Service, your property must meet Council's Work Health and Safety requirements. Once we receive your application, we will contact you within 10 working days to organise an inspection of your property.
- Where the property is assessed by Council as presenting an unacceptable Worth Health Safety risk to collection staff, the applicant will not be provided with the service.
- The Assisted Waste Collection Service is not transferable and relate to the applicant and applicant’s property only.
- The applicant or next of kin, neighbour or friend must advise Council if the Assisted Waste Collection Service is no longer required or if circumstances change.
- If the applicant moves to another property than the applicant must notify Council of the change of address to enable an assessment of the new property for the Assisted Waste Collection Service.
- The bins must be visible from the front of the property. Council and contracted collection staff will not enter side gates, backyards etc.
- If Council suspects that circumstances have changed at the Assisted Waste Collection Service property, then Council may investigate as to whether there is a genuine need for the service to continue.
- Approved Assisted Waste Collection Services will be reviewed annually. A further medical certificate may be requested by Council as a requirement for the service to continue.